Points of Support
The action is implemented in the framework of the «Σημεία Στήριξης – Points of Support»,programme, co-funded by
- The Ioannis S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.
- The TIMA Public Benefit Foundation.
- The Captain Vassilis & Carmen Konstantakopoulos Foundation.
- G. the A.G. Leventis.
- The Athanasios K. Laskaridis Public Benefit Foundation.
- The Costas M. Lemos Foundation.
- The KIKPE Public Benefit Foundation for Social and Cultural Work.
- The Hellenic Initiative Canada.
- The Athena I. Martinou Foundation and
- The Bodossakis Foundation.
The action is a donation of the Athena I. Martinou Foundation in the framework of the “Σημεία Στήριξης – Points of Support” programme co-funded by 10 charitable organisations. The action takes place from 19 to 21 January 2024 in the Municipality of Hersonissos, Region of Crete. It is for the interest of 20 women living in the Municipality of Hersonissos who will attend a series of training seminars in person. The seminars are about promoting green and social entrepreneurship in the region. They will include a holistic approach to the various contributions based on the needs of the participants. The total duration of the seminars is 20 hours and will be presented by qualified trainers/speakers/mentors.
The programme is addressed to women of the Municipality of Hersonissos who wish to implement or develop their business idea. Emphasis is placed on businesses related to green and social entrepreneurship.
Purpose of the Programme
The action aims to empower and develop the skills of the 20 selected women to develop their own businesses in the region. Moreover, the action will provide particularly important insights in the field of entrepreneurship. At the same time,it will help to develop the skills of the participants so that they are as ready as possible for the next step. The action is also expected to strengthen individual initiative and the desire to implement or develop a business idea.
Why was the Municipality of Hersonissos chosen?
The Municipality of Hersonissos was chosen, as it is a seaside municipality with many opportunities for business development in tourism and beyond. The municipality, due to its coastal location, has experienced rapid social and business growth in recent years. Every year it receives a large number of visitors and its coastal environment needs protection. It is therefore considered necessary to place particular emphasis on the importance of green entrepreneurship.
The result will be that the participants will apply it in their business activities, enhancing both the economic and environmental development of the place.
What does the action Points of Support involve?
The action includes 20 hours of training seminars in person held at a venue of the Municipality of Hersonissos, from 19 to 21 January 2024. The main topics of the seminars are the following:
- The importance of vision and purpose in life for success in life and business.
- Limiting beliefs and fear. How are they treated?
- Assertiveness in the Professionals
- Financial Intelligence.
- Planning for the start of the business – Organizational guidelines
- Business Model Canvas.
- Marketing Fundamentals.
- Digital Tools.
- Introduction to Social Media for your business.
- Social Entrepreneurship.
- Green Entrepreneurship.
- Budgeting – Costing