Connecting opportunities for young women
What activities are planned?
- 1: Exchange of expert and practical experience between the partners Impact Drive, Jamba Austria & Women Do Business. Joint analysis and search for sustainable models and forms for effective social inclusion and economic empowerment of young women.
- 2: Thematic “Training of Trainers” for a pilot group of youth workers from partner countries to implement the WomenBridges program and disseminate it to their colleagues.
- 3: Pilot program Local Bidges, which will provide and validate the WomenBridges program to final beneficiaries with specific initiatives at local level in Bulgaria, Austria and Greece.
- 4: Development of a handbook with tools for implementing the WomenBridges program and sharing it with a wide range of professionals and youth workers.
What results do we expect?
- Shared knowledge and resources between partners and accumulated common knowledge about approaches and models for economic empowerment and career support of young women, with a focus on women in vulnerable situations.
- Developed methodology for the WomenBridges program.
- Training of trainers for 18 youth workers from Bulgaria, Austria and Greece.
- Pilot activities of the WomenBridges program through Local Bridges.
- Involvement of education experts and employers
- Development of a manual with tools for program implementation and promotion.
Supporting career paths and work-life balance of women - Methodology Guide.
The WomenBridges program provides:
- Combined support (training, counseling, and mentoring) for women, in and out of the workplace to achieve work-life balance.
- Support to women’s careers and bridge opportunities for better/quality employment in a work environment and life more rewarding and positive.
- A human centered program to support women in developing their careers whether they want to enter or re-enter employment, or to do a professional change, be entrepreneurs, transform their hobby or idea into a business, or take their job to the next level to a senior role. All this in balance with the personal life.
The WomenBridges Methodology Guide explains how the WomenBridges program works and how it can help organizations and specialists to develop an exhaustive support system for the women they are working with in their communities, at the workplace or in the circle of family and friends.
Within this document the partners in the WomenBridges project provide a framework of methodological guidelines, practical tools, and resources for combined support (training, counseling and mentoring) to the target groups of women, in some cases directly at the workplace.
This guide provides process and recommendations, criteria and instruments to be directly used for enabling a network of Buddies (or the mentors) and starting providing services for the women in need. In this guide you will find how to:
- Process the work
- Select and enable buddies
- Welcome and assess the needs of a mentee
- Match the buddy with the women in need
- Use support instruments and tools
- Monitor, evaluate and support the process
- Provide resources & network
- Give case-sudies and recommendations